Exciting News To Welcome In The New Year

HAPPY NEW YEAR to ALL - Here's hoping 2015 brings good health and happiness to everyone.
Being full of cold has enforced a couple of days snuffling on the sofa - which enabled me to reflect on last year and have a little think about how 2015 might pan out - - - when, to kick things off, an email dropped into my inbox - - - telling me that - - - my proposal for an art piece at CLEY15 has been - - - ACCEPTED!
YAY!
Past artists include:
Roger Ackling:






I'm lucky enough to have met and known all three of the above - lovely, lovely people with considered and erudite work. 
Sadly, Roger Ackling died last year - I was privileged to have Roger as a tutor on my MA

Here's what the CLEY15 webpage says:

"Each year our exhibition is designed and selected by a different curator to promote exceptional contemporary art by national and local artists in varying disciplines... We have a proven track record of success. We attract over 6,000 visitors each year, and our quality has been recognised by Arts Council England and The Esmee Fairbairn Foundation."
Visit the website to read more HERE

How exciting. I am very pleased to be part of a local and national contemporary exhibition with a rigorous selection panel, which is taking my ideas seriously.
This will offer me a chance to extend some of the concepts I started to explore during my MA:



My proposal is to respond to the hidden spaces and things around the site(s), celebrating them through recording and labelling them. 
This would give them a sense of importance - maybe turning them into works of art themselves...
The first visit/meeting is in February, when I can make an initial visit to the spaces.
Can't wait!

No comments: